Vacancy: Fundraising consultant
HIV/AIDS Legal Aid Network announces call for proposals for vacant position of Strategic planning specialist
Vacancy: Fundraising consultant
Location : Home-based
Application Deadline : 15 August 2015
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Languages : Fluent English and Russian
Duration of Initial Contract : Estimated 20 August 2015 – 30 December 2015
Expected Duration of Assignment : Approximately 60 working days
HIV/AIDS Legal Aid Network connects NGOs from 9 countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan). Those NGOs provide legal aid to HIV-positive people, injecting drug users, LGBT communities, sex workers, and advocate bringing changes to legislation relating to the rights and protection of aforementioned groups.
The Objectives of HIV/AIDS Legal Aid Network are
- Strengthening the advocacy skills of non-state actors to lobby effectively for improved access to HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support, especially for people living with HIV, adolescents and vulnerable groups such as women, prisoners, migrant workers, men having sex with men, sex workers and injecting drug users;
- Enhancing the quality of services, provided by its members, partners and affiliates and the public sector and the integration of prevention, treatment and care services;
- Strengthening partnerships and coordination among non-state actors and, if relevant, with public bodies in a country or on a regional level, actions supporting development of regional ownership strategies and the exchange of lessons learned and good practice in HIV prevention, treatments and care;
- Forging partnerships with other regional and international networks and organizations, donors and supporters;
HIV/AIDS Legal Aid Network is looking for Fundraising Consultant to further develop the operation of Network and strengthen partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessment of HIV/AIDS Legal Aid Network resources
- Identification of financial needs
- Monitoring of fundraising opportunities provided by foundations which support HIV-related projects
- Development and implementation of the fundraising plan
- Forging contacts with potential donors and main stakeholders
- Developing of project applications
Experience with donor organizations
Understanding of specifics/deep knowledge of human right organisations
Experience with analysing and making assessments of organizational financial needs
Experience with development of grant applications
Advanced user of internet-communication tools
Advanced user of MS Office, Power Point, MS Outlook.
Required Skills and Experience
University degree in Finance, Economics, Law, Political Sciences or Social Sciences.
Two or more years of relevant experience in the financial field or management experience in NGOs;
Experience in work in HIV-related areas, networks is an advantage.
Fluency in Russian and English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
Please, send your resume (CV), a short motivation letter and your salary expectations to email address firstname.lastname@example.org till 24.00 on August 15, 2015.